We do not collect any personally identifiable information from users. If you decide to purchase merchandise, we will not sell or rent your personal information. (see below for more details)
Cuesta College Bookstore has established this policy and is providing it to you so that you can understand the manner in which we use your information and the efforts we use to protect it. We at Cuesta College Bookstore are committed to protecting your online privacy.
We recognize the need for consumers to control the use and management of personal information. By personal information we mean information that can be used to identify or contact an individual. This includes a first and last name, a physical address, an email address, or a phone number. In most cases, you can visit Cuesta College Bookstore's web pages without providing us with this type of information. (Exceptions to this are when you make a purchase, or submit a request that requires us to contact you.) If you do choose to provide us with personal information, we may transfer that information to agents or employees of our bookstore partners and/or third-party service providers. We will only transfer the information to the extent necessary to provide the requested information, service, or product to you. We do not sell or trade your personal information to unrelated third parties and we do not utilize email marketing.
Please note that our service provider, CampusHub, uses various technologies to collect information about types and versions of internet browsers used when accessing their servers. This information, and information about internet IP addresses, as well as date and time web pages are visited are stored in various security and traffic logs. CampusHub reviews these logs, using statistical analysis, in an effort to track and predict traffic patterns and estimate resource needs. Unless asked to identify technical problems or we suspect either fraudulent behavior or illegal conduct, specific user sessions are not traced.
Cuesta College Bookstore serves college students and as such is not meant to attract children. We do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
Security and Confidentiality
Our service provider, CampusHub, takes reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected. When collecting and transferring your data, industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption is used. Within the CampusHub data center, multiple levels of redundant firewalls are used as well as database encryption. Internally, access to your Personal Information is limited to those employees or agents who we believe have reasonable need to use the information to provide products or services to you, or to perform their jobs. CampusHub is a Versign Premier Partner utilizing Versign SSL certificates where SSL is required.
How to Tell It's Secure?
There are a couple of ways to tell if the information you are receiving is coming from a secure server.
1. Check the security icon. Most browsers use a key (Netscape Navigator) or padlock (Microsoft Internet Explorer). An unbroken emblem indicates a secure browser.
2. Check the URL field of your browser. With an unsecured server the address will begin with http:// instead of the usual https://.
We partner with other third parties to provide various services and products. When a customer uses these services or products we may share Personal Information that is necessary for the third party to provide the product or service to the consumer. Reasonable steps will be taken to only provide Personal Information to third parties when necessary and to ensure that these third parties are obligated to protect Personal Information on our service provider's behalf (Campus Hub). It is also against our policy to sell or trade Personal Information collected online, without consumer consent. Note that, unless legally required to do otherwise, our service provider does not intend to transfer Personal Information to third parties that are not bound to act on CampusHubs behalf. If legally compelled to release Personal Information to a third party, CampusHub may or may not notify customers of such release. Notification will be at the discretion of CampusHub and will be based on the nature and conditions surrounding the release of Personal Information.
If you have any questions about this policy or would like additional information, you may email us at email@example.com or by postal mail at:
Cuesta College Bookstore
ATTN: Privacy Issues
PO Box 8106
San Luis Obispo, CA 93403
Use of the Cuesta College Bookstore website (the "Site") and the content contained herein (the "Site") is governed by the terms of this Agreement (the "Agreement") between you and Cuesta College Bookstore ("Bookstore"). Your use of this Site constitutes your unconditional agreement to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using this Site.
1. The Site is subject to protection under copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned, controlled or licensed by Bookstore and its affiliates or by third parties. These rights are protected by common law, state laws, and U.S. and international laws. Bookstore expressly reserves all rights, titles, and interests in and to all copyrights, trade names, logos, patents and other intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to the Site, including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets"; the overall "look and feel", processes, software, technology, and other materials which appear on this Site; and the business processes used to market products and services. You agree that your rights are limited to those granted herein, and you will not acquire any rights except as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
2. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for your use or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing;" or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
3. The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on the Site is updated on a regular basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Bookstore by our suppliers and other third parties. You agree not to use any device, technique, software, system or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with, or to otherwise circumvent the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, device, technique, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, scrapers, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, access or search this Site, other than generally available third party web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer™, Netscape Navigator™, and Mozilla Firefox™. Additionally, you agree that you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in the sole discretion of us or our suppliers affected by your action) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or the bandwidth or infrastructure of the company that hosts this Site, or bypass the robot exclusion headers or other measures on this Site or on the host servers that may be used to prevent or restrict access.
4. Bookstore will not be liable for damages resulting from any failure caused by events beyond its control, by any act of God, such as a power failure, or by any other cause not within the control of Bookstore.
5. If you violate any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, this Agreement terminates immediately without notice. Bookstore may deny access to the Site to you and anyone claiming by or through you without liability to anyone. Bookstore shall have all additional rights and remedies at law and in equity arising from such violation. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Bookstore, and its affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents harmless from all claims, actions, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to any such prohibited use of the Site. If you violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, they have all remedies at law and in equity to enforce their rights against you to the extent applicable arising from your actions.
6. Any delay or failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit such rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which Bookstore resides. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of this Agreement, which shall be given full effect without regard to the invalid portions.
7. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and Bookstore regarding the use of the Site.
Copyright (c) 2006 Cuesta College Bookstore. All rights reserved.back to top